Madison BCycle is thrilled to announce the launch of BCycle Electric bikes in Madison.
After nearly a decade of reliable service, they are retiring the red bikes & converting their fleet to 300 shiny new pedal-assist electric bikes. These pedal-assisted bikes are great for all fitness levels and the assistance can be turned on/off whenever you like. Madison will be the first city in the U.S. to fully convert its bike share system to e-bikes!
UW Health is a proud sponsor of this biking sharing program as we have stations available at the Digestive Health Center, University Station Clinic, American Family Children’s Hospital and the University Hospital. Riders check out a bicycle at any kiosk, ride to their destination, and park the bicycle at a BCycle dock closest to that destination. UW Health employees are eligible for a discounted annual membership for this sustainable and earth-friendly choice.
Changes effective as of June 18:
- UW Health annual discounted membership rate will increase to $30 (a savings of $70) from $20 (a $45 savings). To join, sign up for a Annual Pass and enter promotional code:
- UW Health emails ending in .edu: WISCHEALTH38
- UW Health emails ending in .org: UWHEALTH38
- The trip time will increase to unlimited 60-minute trips instead of unlimited 30-minute trips
- Bikes are electric with a pedal-assistance
- Bikes will be white and black instead of red and grey color
Learn more about the BCycle Electric on their all-new website.